The 11th pre-meeting of the conference “Economic Diplomacy: From Theory to Practice” was held by cooperation from the Institute for Economic Diplomacy studies of the Imam Sadiq University at the IPIS center on Tuesday, February 8, 2022.
At the meeting, Mr.SeyedJalal Dehghani Firouzabadi, scientific secretary of the meeting and Allameh Tabatabai University Professor, Mr.Khalil Shirgholami, Research Deputy Assistant of IPIS, Reza Tavakoli Executive Secretary of the Institute for Economic Diplomacy Studies of the Imam Sadiq University, Morteza Abutalebi Senior Studies Expert and Saeed Kouzehchi Assistant of General Director of Resistance Economy Diplomacy made speeches about the theoretical and practical dimensions of economic diplomacy and the potentials of this sphere for the country’s economic development.
Here are the topics raised at the meeting:
- The concept of Economic Diplomacy is a set of methods, strategies, and operations aimed at securing the national economic goals in relation to outside capacities and creating economic value-added for the country.
- The country’s macro-strategy, domestic GDP, the economic approaches and plans of the government and the status of the international system can be listed as four modeling indexes in the economic diplomacy sphere.
- The subject of “communications” and designing network models based on artificial intelligence which link the domestic needs and capacities to the international needs and capacities must be taken into consideration.
- Paying attention to the temporal and spatial dimensions f the international order and economic development within the economic diplomacy framework is of importance. In doing so, the part the diplomats play in correctly recognizing these two dimensions as well as the role of the Foreign Ministry and foreign policy in advancing and implementing economic diplomacy is of special significance.
- The challenges like organization (lack of an economic diplomacy charter), operation ( existence of disorderly approaches of the specialized apparatuses and lack of needed coordination between them), lack of sufficient standardization of the country’s production chain compared to the global system are among the major problems in implementing economic diplomacy in the country.
- For solving the economic diplomacy challenges we can present solutions like providing a comprehensive charter for economic diplomacy on the national level, form a united discourse in the country about the central reasons of economic diplomacy, and carry out organizational and personnel reforms to advance economic diplomacy.